Here, on the Frequently Asked Questions page, you’ll find answers to the most commonly asked questions that I receive. I hope you find these Q+As helpful, but if what you’re looking for isn’t here, feel free to DM me on Instagram (@TaylortheAttorney) or shoot me an email (email@example.com) and I’d be happy to answer your specific inquiry.
P.S. you can read more about my online legal services approach and process on the About Page.
WHO DO YOU WORK WITH?
Who Do You Help?
I love working with creatives and because of that I focus on helping female creative entrepreneurs with their small businesses legal needs. This includes: interior decorators, the wedding industry, the beauty industry, bloggers/influencers, photographers, event companies — pretty much anyone who creates something out of nothing.
Specifically, I specialize in managing and scaling small businesses within the first five (5) years as those are the most crucial years in a small businesses lifetime. Focusing on the formative years, this allows me to help you legally protect and scale your passion project or side gig into your full time job so you can quit that 9-5 J.O.B., like – yesterday.
Do you help ONLY female entrepreneurs and business owners?
Yup! After 8 years of working with both men and women as a lawyer, men don’t initially trust working with a woman in charge. It takes a lot of hand holding, having to over-prove /overextend myself and ego stroking to get them to even pay attention. Not worth it.
What if i’m not technically a creative-based business, content creator, servicepreneur, freelancer or coach, but I still want to work with you?
That’s okay! Focusing on these types. of businesses is my focus, but I’ve represented plenty of other types of businesses in the past, such as: news stations, daycare centers, registered dietitians, pharmacy groups, family ranches, banks, spas, chiropractors, yoga studios, plumbing companies, consulting firms and more!
Let’s hop on a Discovery Call and chat!
WHY TAYLOR THE ATTORNEY?
What Are Your Legal & Business Credentials?
I earned my B.S. in Public Relations with a business minor at the University of Texas at Austin and my Juris Doctorate (legal degree) and Masters in Business Administration from Texas Tech University.
I’m licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and further licensed in the Northern District of Texas Court of Appeals. I’ve been an attorney for 8 years now, dealing with all sorts of legal issues and problems. For most of my career, I practiced family, probate and estate law. This has given me the opportunity to help form, manage + scale family businesses, business secession planning and helping families plan for their futures (and their children’s).
I’ve also been a small business owner for five years now and have gone through ups and downs, seasonal profits and new business struggles myself. On top of owning my own business, I also have substantial experience in leading women, organizational management and nonprofit operations + funding, having served as the President of two nationally-affiliated nonprofits and have held multiple Board positions within my local chapter of Junior League, Mental Health America + Community Foundation.
What experience do you have working with creative-based businesses?
I ran my own fashion + home style blog & social media account for two+ years and it ended up giving me the idea for Taylor the Attorney. After I started connecting with other bloggers/influencers, I realized how prominent an issue it was for brands to take advantage of these women and some even had the balls to steal their content!
I have personal experience in negotiating my own brand contracts, influencer agreements, affiliate platform deals and sponsorships – pretty much anything involving blogging + posting on social media for money. I also had the opportunity to to learned about and work with graphic designers, photographers, video editors, virtual assistants, web designers, copyrighters, etc.
If you create it, I can help you protect it.
HOW CAN I WORK WITH YOU?
How Can I Work With Taylor One-on-One?
The 1:1 services that I currently offer are based around the 6 Stages Of Legal Protection:
- Business Structure
- Website, Digital & Social Assets
- Employees & HR
- Intellectual Property Protections
- Business Succession Planning (Retirement)
Do you have any other alternative legal solutions to 1:1s?
The legal products that I currently offer are:
What is a 1:1 like?
I like to knock things out in a single day.
Sounds crazy, right?
Rest assured, my prep game is strong.
This allows me to provide you with top notch, done-for-you legal services while also using a flat fee structure, which is a lot easier on your pocket than a giant retainer fee. It also helps me solve your legal concerns in less than 12 hours, so you can meet deadlines and finally start making big money moves.
I’ve broken down our day together into six sections:
- Pre-Session: You’ll be expected to fill out a lengthy Client Questionnaire, which is designed to help me tailor your legal documents and solutions specifically to your business’ needs. This is due 48 hours ahead of our session start time to allow me time to start prepping for our day and begin drafting your legal documents.
- Clarification Session: Starting at 10 a.m., this Session is the time for us to chat further about the specifics of your legal issues and needs so that during the break, I can customize your new legal documents, drafted specifically for your business.
- Educational Session: Right after we clarify your needs and answer any lingering questions, we’ll jump into the educational portion of our day. During this time, Taylor will educate you on basic (but important) legal concepts that affect your business both now and in the future. This session will be based on one of the following 6 Stages of Legal Protection, depending on which legal service you invested in:
- Business Structure;
- Website, Digital & Social Asset Protection;
- Employees & HR;
- Intellectual Property Protections; and
- Business Succession (Retirement) Planning
- Implementation Session: Mid Afternoon, we’ll jump back on Zoom and go over any questions you have, any edits that need to be made and then I’ll tell you exactly how to execute your new legal documents() so implementation is seamless!
- Post-Session: After our day together, you have a 7 day access pass to a legal expert (me!) for follow-up questions, implementation clarification, whatever you need. In addition, the following will be emailed to you within 24 hours of our 1:1 service.
- Recording of all sessions that day;
- Word versions of your legal documents; and
- Written step-by-step instructions on how to implement your new legal documents or other legal tasks that still need to be accomplished.
What Package/Service Is Right For Me?
I’ve intentionally created a spectrum of products + services for female entrepreneurs to help them with their business journey — no matter what stage they’re at.
- 1:1 Online Legal Services are best for those wanting to fix their legal problem quickly (most issues solved in just 24 hours!);
- The Legal Templates are best for someone needing a quick fix, fast; packed with digital legal templates, available for download 24/7.
- Guides & Roadmaps are best for those needing guidance on a variety of legal and business topics that aren’t offered as products or services; and
- Quarterly Workshops are best for those that learn well in a group environment and want their legal questions answered.
I Don’t See What I Need Here, Can I Request Something?
Absolutely! Just email me at hello@TaylortheAttorney.com and we’ll work something out.
What software do your legal templates work with?
I’m a simple person when it comes to technology – I provide all templates as Microsoft Word.doc and Adobe PDFs. Nothing fancy here, folks.
I’m overwhelmed by all of the options, which one is right for me?
If you can’t decide what Service is right for you, don’t be dismayed! Simply schedule a Discovery Call with Taylor and she’ll walk you through all of her services. Together, I know we can find the right legal solution for your business!
Will the legal templates work within my state?
Taylor is only licensed in the state of Texas. But, all 40+ of the legal templates available in the DIY Legal Template Bar are drafted with small businesses in mind – no matter where you live, so most, if not all of the provisions should be valid and applicable in your state. However, if you need state-specific advice, I advise you to contact a lawyer min your own state, if you do not reside in Texas.
A custom contract is always ideal, but I understand that, for various reasons, getting a personalized and professionally drafted contract isn’t always an option. That’s when the DIY Bar really shines. If you need legal protection, these templates are a much better solution than having no legal protection at all. You can always upgrade to a custom contract when you’re ready.
What Legal Templates Do You Offer?
Am I A Client if I purchase a product or service from Taylor the Attorney?
No, Taylor the Attorney is not a law firm or your lawyer, it is merely an educational legal platform, meant to be the first step in your legal journey. All of our Services are created, drafted and reviewed entirely by a Texas attorney as are the templates available in our DIY Legal Template Bar. You should always use an attorney in your own state to review your legal templates and for state-specific advice. Taylor is only licensed in the state of Texas.
See our Terms + Conditions Page for more information.
What’s Your Refund Policy?
See my Terms & Conditions page for policies on refunds.
How Big Of An Investment Is Required?
The investment required for all of my products & services are listed on the main pages for those said products & services.
As a small business owner myself, I know your time (and mine) are worth money. I’m transparent with pricing so that no one’s time is wasted.